We apply the following processes imposed by the international quality standards when selecting our donors.
- General selection and evaluation
In egg donation treatment, the candidates that will make egg donation (donor) are first evaluated in terms of ensuring high pregnancy success in the treatment. At this stage, it is essential that the age of the candidate is in the range of 18-30 years. The second stage is passed due to the provision of the criteria such as the lack of any general health problems / complaint / bad habits, the presence of a balanced spiritual nature, being able to comply with the instructions given to her during treatment.
- Medical examination and evaluation
Questioning / examination of candidates conforming to the general selection criteria is carried out in terms of reproductive health and general systemic disorders in detail in the second stage. Required separations are made by examining the presence of conditions that may adversely affect the treatment process such as cysts, uterine fibroids and polyps.
- Examination in terms of sexually transmitted infectious diseases and serological examination
As stated in the practice guidelines of international prestigious reproductive medicine associations, routine examination of the donor in terms of blood-borne or sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, etc.) and evaluation of candidates only that does not carry risk as potential donors is essential in donation treatment. In this regard, all these examination are carried out over the donors in our centre.
- Genetic examination (routine examination / advanced examinations)
At this stage, the donor candidates are screened by performing general routine tests (karyotype analysis, cystic fibrosis, thalassemia carrier tests, etc.) and it is determined whether they carry a defect in chromosome or gene level that could be found in significant rates in society and the possibility of transferring risk in this regard to the baby to be born. It is possible to screen the donor candidates in suitable conditions in terms of over 230 genetic diseases via a blood test called RECOMBINE in our clinic.
- Evaluation according to the physical / mental / educational etc. features
A candidate that successfully passed the examinations and tests stated above, and evaluated as suitable for the treatment is questioned in detail at this stage and evaluated in terms of certain physical (height, weight, hair colour, eye colour, body type, sporting activities, etc.), mental (active, outward oriented, curious, excited, positive, hobbies, etc.), educational status (college / graduate education completed, etc.) and similar criteria. Each of the parameters in question at this stage is listed so that it can be screened in accordance with the recipient’s request.
- Special requests (if any) specified by the recipient
* All egg donors are examined in detail and are evaluated for suitability by a psychologist. Our donors give a written statement that they donate their eggs, and are informed about the drugs they will use and the procedures that will be performed. The information of the donor and family is kept confidential in the egg donation procedure.